Esports betting doesn’t show any signs of stopping, so it’s our job to take a closer look. Today, we’ll be assessing the most interesting esports bets that are spicing up the entertainment factors of esports betting enthusiasts worldwide.
A Closer Look at The Most Interesting Esports Bets for CSGO, League of Legends, Dota 2
We’ve already talked a bit about esports betting. It’s another rapidly growing business that’s been making quite the waves lately. It’s only logical that if there’s money involved, people will bet on it. It’s just how things work these days.
Today, we’ll be taking a closer look at the most interesting esports bets. You won’t believe the variety of bets the best esports betting sites provide their users with. It just goes to show you what a massive betting market esports is. One that won’t be going away anytime soon.
Esports Betting Sites Are Evolving
Esports betting sites are numerous. Competitiveness is at an all-time high, driven by a surge in demand for esports betting markets. The services are getting increasingly better with each passing year, and the top-notch bookies go out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction and attract long-lasting clientele.
Esports betting platforms have come a long way from the old, off-brand, esports-only websites. Nowadays, the biggest online gambling platforms (such as BetWay, Bet365, and Pinnacle) have highly diverse esports markets, offering a wide variety of bets not just for the main games and events, but a large selection of lesser-known markets too.
In addition to massive coverage, esports betting platforms have also begun experimenting with live betting on esports. It’s still reserved for the biggest events, but the trends are positive and we should be seeing more live action pretty soon.
On top of that, top-notch esports bookies are actively investing in the esports industry, too. BetWay, one of the world’s largest online bookmakers, partnered up with Ninjas in Pyjamas and MIBR, two prominent Counter-Strike: Global Offensive teams. Let’s not forget about PSG.LGD, a top-tier League of Legends team that’s also partnered with BetWay. GGBet’s partners are Fnatic and North, while other bookies such as Rivalry and Dafabet are exploring other investment opportunities in the esports sphere.
All in all, esports betting platforms continue to evolve, hand in hand with both esports and online betting industries…
Most Interesting Esports Bets
In soccer, there’s always a handful of entertaining bets you can choose from. For example, halftime score, total goals, player to score, number of yellow cards etc. These bets are called specials, and they drastically spice up the contests. Soccer is not an isolated case. Specials are available in basketball, football, boxing, MMA, and virtually every other sport out there.
That said, it was only a matter of time for specials to find their way into the esports betting sphere.
They’re still not that numerous, though, and only available during the biggest events of the biggest esports titles. On a brighter note, they are versatile and bring forth a unique betting experience. As long as you’re betting on esports titles such as CS:GO, League of Legends, and Dota 2, that is.
- Team to win both pistol rounds
- The first round at the start of each half is called the pistol round. You’re effectively betting on the team you believe will win both the first and sixteenth round in a given match.
- Player with the most kills
- Pretty straightforward – you’re betting on the player you believe will end the match with the most kills. Other stats like assists and damage per round don’t count towards this bet.
- Weapon with the most kills
- Bookies specify two weapons (usually AK47 and M4A4/M4A1-S) and you have to guess which of the two will have more kills at the end of the match.
- Halftime/fulltime score
- This bet features massive odds but requires you to correctly guess the halftime and fulltime scores. You can even bet on a halftime/fulltime comeback, which yields massive returns.
- Will there be an overtime
- Every CS:GO match is played up to 30 rounds, or until one of the teams reaches 16. On most events, if the end-match result is 15-15, the match goes into overtime.
LoL/Dota 2 Bets
- Match duration
- Dota 2 and LoL are MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games, and both of them last until one team destroys the other team’s base. This can happen anywhere from the 20th to the 60th minute. It’s on bettors to correctly guess.
- Team to draw first blood
- The first kill in every LoL/Dota 2 match is called the first blood. This bet allows Dota 2/LoL bettors to bet on the team they think will draw it. It’s a quick bet that usually gives pretty good returns.
- Player with the most kills
- It’s this one again. Just like in CS:GO, you’re betting on the player you think will end the match with most kills. Of course, this time around those kills aren’t obtained with weapons.
- Team to kill the first Roshan/Nashor
- Roshan/Nashor are massive neutral monsters that reward powerful buffs to the team that slays them. This bet, as its name suggests, focuses on exactly that. We’re talking about one of the most interesting esports bets.
- Team to destroy the first tower/turret
- Towers/turrets are the first lines of defense in these two games. They can be destroyed to make progress in one of the lanes. This bet allows you to bet on the team you think will be the first to destroy one of the opposition’s towers/turrets.
General Special Bets in Esports
Other interesting esports bets include the standard specials we see in other sports. For example, correct score, all sorts of handicaps, and round-based wagers. They aren’t game-specific, meaning they’re available across the board. Unfortunately, they’re not so popular so the only time you’ll see them is during huge events that attract a lot of bettors.